General view of this department
The Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the University of Ioannina is based in Arta, a city of the region of Epirus and southern to the city of Ioannina, where the headquarters of the University are located.
The department has been operating since 1998 as a department of the Technological Educational Institute of Epirus, which was incorporated into the University of Ioannina as of October 2018.
The Department offers a modern and rigorous course of study, professors who are excellent in several scientific fields, good building and technology infrastructure. It provides a well-organized curriculum and class schedule and offers Bachelor’s, Master's and Ph.D. programs.
- Provide high quality teaching in the subjects of Computer Science and Telecommunications.
- Help prospective Computer Science and Communication professionals acquire a concrete background of knowledge needed in the marketplace.
- Promote knowledge and research in Computer Science and Communications
- Become a solution provider and center of excellence benefiting the extended region of Epirus.
- Develop a vibrant academic environment, focused towards the continuous improvement and adaptation to the ever changing technology landscape
- Offer an up to date the curriculum to our students
- Apply modern and instrumental teaching methodologies
- Transfer research skills to our students
- Develop computer science and communications specialists that are capable of using their knowledge in an ethical and responsible way
The Department has 14 faculty members, 1 laboratory teaching staff, 1 technical teaching staff and 3 members of administrative staff.
Students of the department can pursue professional careers in a variety of fields including (but not limited to):
- Application Programming
- Software Engineering
- Web & Mobile Development
- Databases and Management Information Systems
- Computer Networking
- Telecommunications and wireless communications
- Data Sciences and Analytics
- Hardware design and embedded systems
Our vision is to:
- Be among the finest in scientific research for the benefit of Science and Society.
- Be among the finest in applying scientific knowledge and promoting international collaborations.
- Be among the pioneers of making our scientific and technological expertise have a social impact.