The Department of Informatics and Telecommunications of the University of Ioannina provides the possibility of conducting Postdoctoral Research (M.R.) by young scientists holding a doctorate degree in areas that fall within the research interests and subject areas of the Professors and Research Laboratories in accordance with the regulations for the postdoctoral research Official Gazette 14287/Issue B'/1884/24.05.2018.
The main objectives of the Postdoctoral Research are the following:
• The extension of the results of the doctoral thesis of the researchers in new scientific directions.
• The support of young scientists able to contribute to the progress of science, research and its applications.
• The development of cutting-edge research in new fields that are combined with the previous research activity of the postdoctorate.
• The qualitative upgrade of scientific research.
• The dissemination of results and the transfer of know-how.
• The promotion of the Department and the University of Ioannina as a Support Foundation for young scientists to carry out cutting-edge research and innovative applications.
Candidates submit to the Department's Secretariat an application, a curriculum vitae, as well as a documented research memorandum for the preparation of postdoctoral research (publications in international journals and conferences, monographs, patents, etc.). The application is approved by the General Assembly (GA) of the Department. Post-doctoral researchers collaborate in research with the Department and may offer teaching work, receiving remuneration from the Research Committee, in the event that they do not have a scholarship/sponsorship or do not receive a salary from another source.