The Department of Communication Informatics and Management of the Technological Educational Institute (T.E.I.) of Epirus was founded in the city of Arta in 1999 (ΦΕΚ 179/6-9-1999). In 2013 it was renamed Department of Computer Engineering in 2013 (ΦΕΚ 124/03-06-2013) and joined the School of Applied Technology of the T.E.I of Epirus. The Department of Computer Engineering offers three directions of specialization:
- Network Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
Its main task is to promote knowledge transfer and development in Computer Science and the above specializations. The educational process and applied department research provide students with the necessary qualifications for a good education and training aiming at their scientific and professional career and development. Τhe faculty has experienced staff and researchers, modern equipment and instructional materials, and it is constantly developing. The graduates of the Department of Computer Engineering have the theoretical and technological knowledge and skills required for a professional career in the competitive field of computing and are qualified to:
- pursue postgraduate studies in Greece or abroad,
- follow the rapid theoretical and technological advances in their field of study, based on their background education,
- to work within their field of study either as freelancers or as employees and executives in public and / or private companies and organisations.
In particular, Computer Engineering graduates work as:
- Software or hardware Engineers in public or private office automation services and / or in companies producing and marketing software or hardware applications.
- Systems Designers, Analysts and Administrators in Network and Telecommunication Services.